Marketers monitor the internal metrics for their products as well as relying on companies that provide metrics and analytics on a constant basis regarding website activity, social media responses in certain demographic groups, and more. In this simulation Assignment, you will access the simulation with survey data and the CSR database of the new company, ASG. Then you will begin to analyze data and determine the marketing opportunities involved for improving brand loyalty regarding your chosen product line.
The following Course Outcomes are assessed in this Assignment:
MT450-3: Evaluate a firm’s marketing opportunities.
PC-3.2: Interact with others in a professional manner using appropriate communication and presentation skills.
You will create a minimum of 12 Microsoft PowerPoint slides with audio and an additional title and references slide with notes below each slide for the marketing director (MD) and marketing team.
Address the following checklist items based on the simulation survey results (located below), the CSR database, chapter readings, and Learning Activities:
- Evaluate the marketing opportunities for your selected product line’s children’s and youth products and the customer experience based on the survey data (found in the simulation link below), the ASG CSR database, and readings.
- Recommend marketing opportunities for improving brand loyalty for each of the products in your previously chosen product line.
- Determine the brand personality of ASG according to Aaker (1997) (as cited in Kotler & Keller, 2016, p. 163).
- Determine who influences the consumer buying decision for each of your products in your previously chosen product line and how marketing can improve upon the current influences (use the CSR database).
- Determine the global marketing opportunities if the majority of suppliers are located in the United States and the entire product line you chose is of increasing interest to consumers in your choice of either the European Union (EU) or Asia (reference Chapter 8).