Choose one of the three graphs pictured in the Potential Misleading Graphics [DOWNLOAD], and respond to the following questions.
- What do the horizontal (x) and vertical (y) axes represent on the graph?
- What information are you missing, if any, in order to be able to fully understand this graph?
- What point might a person try to make by including this graph in an article, advertisement, or presentation?
- Why could this graph be considered misleading? How might you recreate the graph so that it is no longer misleading?
- Identify the purpose for the inclusion of the graph in the article.
- Do you think this graph is potentially misleading because of the way it was drawn? Why or why not?