Develop a health promotion plan, 2-3 pages in length, addressing a specific health concern within your community. Then, enlist the participation of a selected individual or group in an educational session about that health concern and associated health improvement strategies.
For this assessment, you will plan for and enlist the participation of an individual or group in a clinical learning activity based on a health promotion plan addressing a particular health concern affecting members of your community. Note can not be related to minors incarcerated individuals or patients with mental illness co morbidities
The first step in any effective project or clinical patient encounter is planning. This assessment provides an opportunity for you to plan a clinical learning experience focused on health promotion associated with a specific community health concern. Such a plan defines the critical elements of who, what, when, where, and why that establish the foundation for an effective clinical learning experience for the participants. Completing this assessment will strengthen your understanding of how to plan and negotiate individual or group participation.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze health risks and health care needs among distinct populations.
- Analyze a community health concern that is the focus of a health promotion plan.
- Competency 2: Propose health promotion strategies to improve the health of populations.
- Explain why a health concern is important for health promotion within a specific population.
- Establish agreed-upon health goals in collaboration with participants.
- Competency 5: Apply professional, scholarly communication strategies to lead health promotion and improve population health.
- Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.