Review the following two articles overviewing various types of governance models and the use of social media:
Chaher, S. & Spellman, J. D. (2012). Corporate governance and social media: A brave new world for board directors. Retrieved from https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/17092/726960BRI00PUB0OWLEDGE0NOTES0SERIES.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
Banff Executive Leadership, Inc. (2005). Models of corporate/Board governance. Retrieved from
You are the lead healthcare manager for Trident International Hospital (TIH). The governance board at TIH is seeking a new governance model. Your job is to prepare an informational report advising the board members of two governing models that would be ideal for TIH. In addition, the report should include a persuasive argument on the use of social media with the new governance model. Conduct additional research and your 2- to 3-page report should include the following:
- Explanation of each model.
- One positive and one challenge/barrier to each of the models presented.
- Background information and persuasive essay on the use of social media.
For this assignment do not write in first person (e.g., “I believe social media will be great.”). The information presented in the informational report should be supported with scholarly resources.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles with 2 or 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php