For the cultural food report, you are to examine food in the chosen country or culture that you have chosen . Review and research cultural significance, nutritional adequacy other unique aspects of the country or culture. Review the history of the chosen topic, research how food is connected to your country or culture of choice, why is food important (or not important) to your topic, etc.
Content of paper SHOULD cover: general overview of country or culture, significance of food, nutritional adequacy, history of food habits/traditions, unique or significant notes about nutrition or food specific to this country/culture, discuss relevant food security
Your paper should be at least 3 to 5 pages of written text – not including references, not including photographs and not including food review! (No less than 3 full pages of text). If you go over 5 pages that is fine — 7 page max. The paper should be written in APA style. You must have at least 4 adequate, reliable sources. Do NOT use Wikipedia. The information in your paper should be cited throughout the paper.
Tips for writing a successful report
· Cite your sources APA format in text and APA format on separate reference page
· Have someone read your paper BEFORE you turn it in. Grammar and formatting are part of a research paper. This is part of your over all grade.
· Use evidence based research. Research articles are HELPFUL and full of information.
· Spend time on this assignment. This assignment will not come together in half a day.
· Look over the rubric before you turn assignment in (located in week 7 module and syllabus)
In addition to the written report, you will also prepare a representative dish from the chosen culture. You will photograph the dish and have 2 people (family members/friends/coworkers) taste and provide 3-4 sentences describing the food and one additional review by yourself. Include this as an attachment with your written report due on Friday February 28, 8am CT.
The report, photographed dish, recipe and “reviews” from 2 tasters will be worth 120 points combined. A rubric for this assignment will be provided in Canvas under week 7 module and in the syllabus.