Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: review all chapters
- Minimum of 5 scholarly sources (This includes the source from Week 3 Proposal.)
InstructionsCreate a complete annotated bibliography for 5 academic scholarly sources (including your source from Week 3). Include the following:
- Introduction and thesis for your paper (to the best extent as you know it at this time)
- Publication details
- Annotation (a detailed reading of the source)
The annotation section should include the following:
- Summarize key points and identify key terms (using quotation marks, and citing a page in parentheses).
- Describe the controversies or \”problems\” raised by the articles.
- State whether you agree or disagree and give reasons.
- Locate one or two quotations to be used in the final research project.
- Evaluate the ways in which this article is important and has helped you focus your understanding.
APA ReferenceMezirow, J. (2003). Transformative learning as discourse. Journal of Transformative Education, 1(1), 58-63.
Annotation ExampleIn this article, Mezirow (2003) makes a distinction between \”instrumental\” and \”communicative\” learning. \”Instrumental learning\” refers to those processes which measure and gage learning, such as tests, grades, comments, quizzes, attendance records and the like. \”Communicative learning,\” on the other hand, refers to understanding created over time between individuals in what Mezirow calls \”critical-dialectical-
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1-2 paragraphs per annotation
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page