Due Week 8 and worth 250 points
Write a six to eight (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Define the fundamental responsibilities and key characteristics of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) within health care organizations. Make one (1) recommendation where they can utilize their expertise to assist with employee and patient satisfaction. Support your response with related examples of such expertise in use.
- Suggest two (2) developing technologies that health care systems should use in order to improve health care processes and thus increase the quality and lower the cost of health services. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Determine two (2) significant methods that health care systems should use in order to prevent misuse of information and protect data privacy and thus achieve a high level of security of health information. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Suggest one (1) strategy for health care organizations to train providers in using technology in health care. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Provide three (3) best practices for effective IT alignment and strategic planning initiatives. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.