- SCHOOL COUNSELING
- Record a 20-minute role-play session with your site supervisor and select a 10-minute section of that session to transcribe for this assignment.
paper must include the following four sections, plus a title page and a reference list:
- Introduction (2–3 paragraphs). Provide a general description of your selected case, identification of the student(s), a legend for the speakers (such as, S – student, M – mother, T – teacher), and any other presenting information that sets a context for the session. Be sure to describe the student and conceptualize the presenting problem in language that indicates your understanding of the student and presenting issue—you should base your conceptualization on theory.
- Transcription and Analysis (5–7 pages). Use the template located in Resources to present your transcription and reflection.
- Transcription column: Use a different row for each speaker’s words.
- Practicum Competencies column (“What I did”): Identify practicum competencies. Competencies can include application of core counseling skills, assessment questions, and interventions, depending on what is demonstrated in your segment of the session. Examples:
- Reflection of feeling, minimal simple encourager, simple empathic statement (core counseling skills).
- Assess level of alcohol use (assessment question).
- Identifying, acknowledging, reviewing symptoms (link to intervention).
- Analysis of Practicum Thinking column (“What I was thinking”): Analyze your reasoning for the exchange; provide a conceptualization based on a hypothesis that prompted either the student response or your response as the counselor. Example: I see Audrey’s difficulty with social situations in part as being due to her lack of age-appropriate communication skills, which perpetuates her low self-esteem.
- Evaluation of Counselor Response (“What I would do differently now”): Evaluate the effectiveness of the competency applied and what, if anything, you would do differently. Example: I think pointing out Audrey’s lack of social skills is important, but I think Audrey misunderstood my comment. I think more empathic understanding is what Audrey needs right now. I am basing this on how Audrey responded to my comment after I suggested her joining the Social Skills group.
- Theoretical Framework (1 page). In completing the Transcription and Analysis section of this paper, you noted segments of the counseling session where you utilized theory-based skills. Reflect on your theoretical framework at this point and discuss how you did or did not demonstrate that in the session. Be sure to provide references; it is important to justify and provide a frame of reference for the points you make.
- Self-Reflection Summary (1–2 pages). Write a conclusion summarizing what you learned about your strengths, and discuss areas for growth. Consider the following:
- What have you discovered about yourself as a school counselor as a result of completing this transcription?
- What are some areas you now recognize as strengths and challenges?
- What are the specific skills that you need to work on?
- What model do you recognize as informing your work based on this transcription?
- Content: Prepare a comprehensive paper that includes all sections described above in “Content Format,” plus a title page and a reference list. Appendices are optional.
- Number of pages: The body of the paper must be 9–12 pages, double-spaced.
- Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message.
- References: At least five references that justify and provide a frame of reference for the points you make. You must use proper APA style in listing your references. Refer to the APA Style and Format module in the resources for more information.
- Formatting: Use Times New Roman, size 12 font, and APA (6th edition) formatting, including: correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Format module for more information.
- Template: Please use the provided template to complete your transcription. SEE ATTACHED.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post SCHOOL COUNSELING appeared first on Quality Nursing Writers.