Part I. Care Work: Paid and unpaid
A. Discuss a policy solution for one specific problem women experience regarding paid or unpaid care work.
- Define the specific policy problem women need solved.
- What is the source of the problem?
- Explain how the policy (be specific) is/should be designed to address the problem.
B. Explain your answer to each:
- What incentives exist for the state and/or business cooperation with the policy?
- What are potential reasons for opposition by business and/or policy makers?
- Are feminists likely to support or oppose the policy? Explain.
Part II. Trade and Development
A. Describe a specific development or trade policy affecting the Global South (omit the U.S.).
- Which specific institution designed and enforces the policy?
- Why did/do the institution say the policy was/is needed?
- What other incentives do the institution have for enforcing the policy?
- What incentives does the host country have for accommodating the policy?
B. Describe the effects the policy: Answers can vary by country or be contradictory within a country (good and bad/there may be winners and losers). You also need to explain how effects of the policy depend on:
- The policies and politics of the host country (not the U.S.). Be specific and don’t repeat A4.
- The economy of the host country. Clarify: whether the economy is mainly agricultural or industrializing. Explain how the policy effects depend on the structure and health of the country’s economy.
- Describe the effects of the policy on women in the affected area (at least 2: household or market gender division of labor, labor force participation, wages, inequality, families or other).
The post Political Economy of Women appeared first on nursing writers.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Political Economy of Women first appeared on nursing writers.