CE300: Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood
Practice with Observation as an Assessment Method
Watch the video, “ Physical Development in Early Childhood ,” and choose one child to observe and document motor development.
1. Which child did you choose to observe and document motor development?
2. Discuss and defend the observation method you used: anecdotal record, running record, time sampling, event sampling, checklist or rating scale?
3. What did you learn?
4. What other observation method could you have used?
5. What more do you need to know?
6. Explain the importance of direct observation to a coworker who is new in the early childhood field. Give specific examples of why it is important to conduct objective observations of young children.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood appeared first on nursing writers.