Nursing Shortage and the Future of the Profession Essay
Theorists and researchers such as Florence Nightingale, Rosemary Rizzo Parse, and Hildegard Peplau have contributed to the advancements in nursing practice by adding to the knowledgebase. Professional nurses are now charged with ensuring the continuation of growth, development, and further advancement in the field. To advance in their career, professional nurses must be able to face the challenges that lie ahead. One of the major challenges faced in healthcare is the nursing shortage. Finkelman and Kenner (2016) highlighted that the shortage of nurses is negatively impacting healthcare outcomes and will require judicious leadership at both governmental and institutional levels to alleviate this gap. One of the areas highlighted by Finkelman and Kenner contributing to the nursing shortage is a negative work environment.
Utilize various strategies (IOM competency, QSEN, and others outlined in your readings) in an attempt to address the problem. Address the ANA’s role in the future of nursing, specifically as it relates to nursing shortage. Address the following key points:
• In one paragraph, summarize the problem of interest identified in your practice in Week One.
• Discuss whether or not the problem in your practice is impacted by the nursing shortage.
• If the problem is unrelated to the nursing shortage, be sure to address why unpleasant work environment is thought to be a catalyst for the shortage.
• Identify two-three strategies/incentives used to eliminate nursing shortage.
• Highlight the impact that nursing shortage have on quality of care.
• Indicate the impact that the IOM’s core competency of quality improvement has on the problem
• Review the QSEN competencies. Choose two QSEN competencies, then highlight and explain how your two chosen competencies could be applied to the problem identified in your practice.
• Highlight the role the American Nurses Association (ANA) plays in securing the future of professional nursing practice.
• Examine the literature on the future of professional nursing.
• Conclude with a summary of the key elements of your research findings and a possible resolution to your identified problem
Your Nursing Shortage and the Future of the Profession Essay paper;
• Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
• Must use at least six scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
• Must document all sources in APA style.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Nursing Shortage and the Future of the Profession Essay appeared first on Assignment Writing Services.