Community health assessments are used by health planners to identify, and prioritize health problems within a given community. To prioritize health programs and their development, a needs assessment is used. There are four types of needs that should be considered in a needs assessment. Although there is no single way to conduct a needs assessment, the basic steps to conducting a needs assessment can be identified.
Using the Internet, research about needs assessments and the types of health needs in your community. Based on your research, create a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document that:
- Describes the four types of needs and compares them. Explains the interaction of the four types and the role of each type of need in the community assessment process.
- Selects one of the four needs and provides an example of how this need can be applied to a health issue in your community. Describes the potential pitfalls of focusing a needs assessment on a single need. Provides examples to support your assertions.
- Identifies and describes the basic steps of conducting a needs assessment and also explains the importance of each.
- Describes any additional steps that should be considered in the assessment process.
- Cite any sources in APA format. Requires an introduction, headings, conclusion, references and must be under 25% similarity report.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”