Case Study Analysis: Right vs. Right
After reading the assigned Ethical Decision Making and Action (Links to an external site.) resource and the professional standards for your field of study, select one of the following case studies to further analyze:
- Case Study 1: The Case of Bad News (Links to an external site.)
- Case Study 2: The Case of the Performance Appraisal (Links to an external site.)
- Case Study 3: Artificial Intelligence; Death and Dying (Links to an external site.)
- Case Study 4: Educational Dilemmas (Links to an external site.) (select one of the six cases presented)
Based on your selected case study, write a 350-word discussion post that addresses the following:
- Identify the moral dilemma or ethical decision being presented.
- Summarize the relevant facts.
- Identify the type/types of right vs. right principle (as identified by Kidder in the Ethical Decision Making and Action resource) and justify your selection with citations from your reading.
- Truth vs. loyalty
- Individual vs. community
- Short-term vs. long-term
- Justice vs. mercy
- Apply a recommended resolution considering the principles: rules-based, cares-based, ends based. Consider who wins and who loses, or propose a win-win alternative to the scenario.
Your initial post (due on Day 3) should be at least 350 words and should reference at least two different academic sources.
Respond to two of your peers. Reflect on their recommended resolution. In your reflection, consider the following:
- What are the anticipated results of their resolution?
- What will the impact be in the future?
- Would you respond the same way?
- What other things should they consider?