Learning Objectives Covered:
· Identify patterns associated with obstructive and restrictive lung disease
· Recognize the method for measuring FRC using nitrogen washout, helium dilution and body plethysmography
Please make sure you review the media for week four before beginning your work this week.
Measuring lung volumes is necessary to aid in the diagnosis of lung disease. These measurements also help us to distinguish between obstructive and restrictive lung disease. Lung function is divided into four volumes all which can be measured with spirometry. When two or more lung volumes are combined it is referred to as a capacity and when all four volumes are combined it is referred to as total lung capacity (TLC).
The four lung volumes include: tidal volume, inspiratory reserve volume, expiratory reserve volume and residual volume. The four lung capacities include: inspiratory capacity, functional residual capacity, vital capacity and total lung capacity.
http://www.morgansci.com/pulmonary-function-solutions/what-is-a-test-pulmonary-function-test/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Provide detailed responses to the following:
1. Residual volume (RV) cannot be measured directly and therefore functional residual capacity (FRC) and total lung capacity (TLC) cannot be measured using direct spirometry. Define RV, FRC, and TLC and explain the three primary methods for measuring FRC.
2. Which method is the most accurate? Explain.
3. Use the patterns below to interpret the flow volume loops.
a. b. c. d.
Submit your answers in at least 500 words on a Word document. You must cite at least three references in APA format to defend and support your position.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Identify patterns associated with obstructive and restrictive lung disease appeared first on Assignment Writing Services.