a. Click on this Link (Links to an external site.) to read the case presentation and generate a problem worksheet (Links to an external site.). Here you willlist and map the causes of the assigned public health problem (diabetes in this case) in the article by considering the following. You will categorize the causes according to the worksheet as direct and indirect, and as risk and protective factors. Weigh the factors and determine which ones are the primary factors. It is possible some of the factors may not fall in the categories listed below.
- Genetic or biological factors
- Psychological factors
- Behaviors (e.g., life style and food choices)
- Factors in the physical environment (e.g., a lack of transportation, pollution, occupational environment)
- Factors in the social environment (e.g., social support, or policy, government program)
b. Submit SWOT (Links to an external site.) analysis of the problem which may address the following:
- How relevant is the problem that concerns public health?
- Where does the problem fit in public health priorities?
- What knowledge is available to ameliorate the problem, and do you have access to that information?
- What is the state of relevant technology, medication, research?
- Does public health initiatives have the human, technical and financial resources to address the problem?
- What activities can you do in-house, (e.g., advocacy, education, research or campaigning)?
- What work is already underway to address the problem, and who is doing that work?
- What gaps exist?
- What political support and resistance surrounds the problem?
- What organizations or activities affect the problem indirectly?
- Are there ethical concerns associated with any of the possible interventions?
Please use the following template to submit the assignment II.
Assignment II health problem map and SWOT.pptx