Chapter 2 Study Questions
- What do we mean when we talk about â€œthe determinants of healthâ€?
- Which determinants have a more direct and which have a less direct impact on peopleâ€s health?
- Why are the social determinants of health considered to be so important?
- What are the factors that have most determined your personal health?
- What are the factors that would most determine the health of a poor person in a low-income country?
- IF you could pick only one indicator to describe the health status of a low-income country, which indicator would use and why?
- In your own country, what population groups have the best health indicators and why?
- In your country, what population groups have the worst health status and why?
- What might prevent a country from having an effective vital registration system, and how could such systems be strengthened?
- How much credence should you put in data on key global health indicators?
Chapter 3 Study Questions
- If you could pick only one indicator to describe the health status of a low-income country, which indicator would you use and why?
- Why is it valuable to have composite indicators like the DALY to measure the burden of disease?
- As countries develop economically, what are the most important changes that occur in their burden of disease?
- Why do these changes occur?
- How might the burden of disease differ from one region to another in a large and diverse country such as India or Nigeria?
- How do we expect the burden of disease to evolve globally over the next 20 to 30 years?
- What is the epidemiologic transition?
- What is the demographic transition?
- What are the leading causes of death of young children in low-income countries?
- What are the leading causes of death in high-income countries, and how are they similar to and different from the causes in low-income countries?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post detrimants to health study guide appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.