Public policy is one way that society addresses social problems through the use of laws and regulations adopted by governments. In this discussion, review the American Sociological Association article Sociology and Public Policy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and address the following:
1. Consider and explain the following statement, “Public policy is both what government does and what it does not do” (Theodoulou & Kofinis, 2012).
2. What determines whether a policy is enacted or not?
3. Who holds the power and authority to create, enact and/or change public policy?
4. What is the difference between public versus private concerns in relation to policy making and the government’s role in this process?
5. Describe two ways that social science research helps to design good public policies. Why are social science research skills important for analyzing the impact of existing policies?
Your initial post should be at least 300 words in length. Support your points with scholarly references, appropriate citations, and full references at the conclusion of your post. Cite your sources in APA format.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Describe two ways that social science research helps to design good public policies. appeared first on nursing writers.