You are required to read Enriqueâ€s Journey (Nazario, 2007, 2014) and, using one or more individuals discussed in the book, create a case study in poverty. The case study should describe how the individual is impacted by poverty and the environment that contributes to poverty and oppression. The case study should conclude with your recommendations for improvement or change.
Note that this week’s video, which shows â€œLa Beastia,â€ the train that Enrique took across part of Mexico during his journeys to the U.S., and interviews individuals on the same journey and those who try to help them, will give additional insight as you develop your case study.
The website maintained by the author of Enriqueâ€s Journey (Nazario, 2007, 2014) also gives additional and more current information about Enrique and his family, Honduras, and immigration policy (links included under Week 5â€s readings).
You are expected to write a 3 to 5 page paper exclusive of cover page and reference page. Your paper should be double spaced in time new roman 12 point font with 1 inch margins. Your paper is expected to be referenced appropriately, using APA style. ALL sources are to be referenced. Failing to cite a source is considered academic dishonesty. Use third person throughout your paper (not I); when making recommendations, you can say something like â€œSeveral recommendations must be consideredâ€¦.â€ Instead of â€œI recommendâ€.
You should address the following questions in composing your case study:
- Who is your case study about? Give a brief description of the person and setting for context in the introduction to your case study (be sure to reference the Nazario book).
- What is this personâ€s experience with poverty and oppression? Give appropriate examples as you describe her/his experiences.
- Using the ecological/systems framework, what micro, mezzo, and macro (or micro, meso, exo, and macro factors depending on which source you use), contributed to this personâ€s poverty and oppression? Be sure that you include a reference for this discussion, either Kirst-Ashman and Hull or the Ambrosino et al. chapter or both. Note that you must discuss each level of the environment using the framework model you have chosen.
- What strengthens does the person possess that are enabling her/him to survive?
- Are those strengths being maximized by the various levels of the environment impacting the person? How could those strengths be used to overcome poverty and oppression?
- What recommendations for changes in the environment can you make to help this person and others in similar circumstances move out of poverty? (Hint: Read Nazario’s discussion at the end of Enrique’s Journey.)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post book-case-study appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.
“Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now”
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post book-case-study first appeared on nursing writers.