TOPIC: H.R. 4744: Iran Human Rights and Hostage-Taking Accountability Act https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr4744
THIS IS A ROGERIAN FORM ESSAY
- The main body of essay should be between 900 words, excluding the required annotated bibliography.
- The essay needs to be in MLA format.
- It should include an Annotated Bibliography instead of a works cited list (see the end of this assignment for an example of an Annotated Bibliography)
- You must use 3 and must be CREDIBLE SOURCES
- Note: Consider your audience as laymen in the field with only general knowledge of your topic
Organize your essay into the expected sections for an academic essay (introduction, body paragraphs, conclusion), and make sure to also include all the elements of Rogerian form (your claim and support, an unbiased discussion of the opposition’s claim and support, and a clear discussion of the common ground idea/concern that could bring the two sides together, and help the opposing side see why your stance also serves their concerns).
EXAMPLE OF ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The Annotated Bibliography: An annotated Bibliography (AB) is due with your Rogerian essay. Using the MLA guide, list each source as it will appear on the Works Cited page of your essay. Summarize each source in two or three grammatically-correct sentences, and also state how the source contributed to your project. These short summaries are the “annotations.”
The following is a sample of an “annotated bibliography.”
Annotated BibliographyClark, Irene L. The Genre of Argument. Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace, 1998. Print.Clark’s textbook identifies the major steps to developing a well-researched and well-written argumentative essay. Professional essays are included in the text as models.Ward, Russ. Logical Argument in the Research Paper. Fort Worth, TX: Harcourt Brace, 1997. Print.Augmenting the steps to writing an argumentative research paper is information about proper documentation.